Providing an environment that fosters good mental health is an essential component of running any successful business. This essential training is designed for supervisors, line managers and senior management – anyone who has responsibility or influence over how other people work.
The course is open to delegates from any industry who are interested in the effect that work can have on mental health and what the law requires employers to do in terms of preventing and managing occupational stress.
By the end of the course, delegates will…
• Understand the definition of mental health and the scale of mental ill health issues in the UK
• Gain an overview of 2 key conditions – depression and anxiety
• Understand the mental/ physical/ organisational risks associated with occupational stress
• Gain an overview of the legal framework relevant to occupational stress and mental health in the workplace
• Understand the causes of stress
• Understand the HSE’s standards for preventing and managing occupational stress and how to implement these
• Devise clear, realistic improvements to be made in the workplace
This is a 1 day course.
This course will be held at:
West Point House321 Millbrook Road WestSouthamptonHampshireSO15 0HW